On 19-10-16 14:53, Burton, Ross wrote:

On 18 October 2016 at 22:21, Paul Eggleton <paul.eggle...@linux.intel.com
<mailto:paul.eggle...@linux.intel.com>> wrote:

    > > Q: Do I need to declare a runtime dependency that typically comes
    > > from busybox (tar)?
    >
    > Yes, because some people try to eliminate busybox from their image.

    How would one express such a dependency though, given that it could come
from
    tar or busybox? "Virtual" runtime dependencies aren't allowed except through
    our somewhat awkward VIRTUAL-RUNTIME convention, but that probably isn't
    warranted here.

busybox could RRPOVIDE tar?

If we go down that road, we'd end up with a busybox that RPROVIDES a hundred and one utilities. I doubt anyone will be happy with that...

Kind regards,

Mike Looijmans
System Expert

TOPIC Products