On Fri, 2017-02-17 at 15:21 +0000, Mike Crowe wrote:
> On Monday 13 February 2017 at 11:54:32 +0100, Patrick Ohly wrote:
> > > The part I'd missed is the all-important line in source-release-world.bb:
> > >
> > >  do_source_release[depends] += "core-image-sato:do_build"
> >
> > Okay, that explains it.
> >
> > IMHO this do_build dependency should trigger do_rm_work. Your "bitbake
> > -c all_source_releases source-release-world" intentionally includes a
> > real world build, not just executing the source release tasks. Cleaning
> > up while building is the goal of rm_work.bbclass. It's arguably a
> > deficiency in the previous rm_work.bbclass that it wasn't active in your
> > case.
> >
> > Now we just need to find a way to combine these without breaking the
> > extra tasks.
>
> Now I think about this further, we're only depending on do_build in order
> to ensure that we get all the dependencies included in the source release
> via the recrdeps task. If there were a better way to do that then perhaps
> rm_work wouldn't cause any problems, and we also wouldn't waste time
> building stuff that we aren't going to use.

Isn't that exactly what do_fetchall does? I thought you wanted to build
things as part of your source-release-world. If that isn't needed, then
this in release-source.bbclass might work:

do_all_source_releases[recrdeptask] = "do_all_source_releases do_source_release"
do_all_source_releases[recideptask] = "do_build"

And used like this:
bitbake -c all_source_releases core-image-sato

--
Best Regards, Patrick Ohly

on behalf of Intel on this matter.