On 2012-05-07 15:01, Radek Dostal wrote:
On Mon, 2012-05-07 at 08:46 -0700, Khem Raj wrote:
usually it crashes during "ln -sf target dest" which is executed
simultaneously with same parameters for both builds. There are other
issues as well in addition to this ln issue.

This is confusing why does this happen at all

Because ln -sf first do symlink(1) unlink(2) and symlink(3) again. In
case link is created by another process between 2 and 3 than ln fails.

It is quite well described here:
http://rcrowley.org/2010/01/06/things-unix-can-do-atomically.html

I was also able to verify my finding by running two ln -sf in two for
loops in two different terminals and they were failing constantly.

So any idea on implementing locks/mutexes inside OE. If somebody can
point me in the right direction I should be able to implement and feed
back.

I think that your recipes are not well behaved - two recipes probably
should not be creating the same file in such a way.

Can you post the recipes, or at least the code snippets that break?