On 04-09-15 09:35, Steffen Sledz wrote:
We have some products which differ in bootloaders (u-boot) and kernel device
trees only. They use the same kernel and root filesystem.

Does OE have concepts for this? Or any suggestions to realize this without
building for many machines?

The way I handled this was to make it so that all machines have the same MACHINE_ARCH, but MACHINE has some suffixes. This combines the kernels and such. Only problem with that approach is that OE will erase the kernel for a previous machine if you build for the next one, so you have to copy the resulting images to another location at the end of the build.

For your case, I think you can just use a single MACHINE. You can just supply multiple devicetrees, and I think the u-boot recipe recently learned to have multiple targets, so you can build multiple bootloaders for a single machine too.

--
Mike Looijmans