On 07-09-15 17:09, Martin Jansa wrote:
On Mon, Sep 07, 2015 at 03:33:09PM +0300, Alexander Kanavin wrote:
On 09/07/2015 12:13 PM, Mike Looijmans wrote:
Current meta-openembedded master fails to build with errors like this:

ERROR: Nothing PROVIDES 'libunique' (but
.../meta-oe/meta-gnome/recipes-gnome/gnome-disk-utility/gnome-disk-utility_2.32.0.bb
DEPENDS on or otherwise requires it).

Searching for 'unique' in meta-openembedded and openembedded-core
reveiled nothing that would provide it, there's no recipe with 'unique'
in its name, nor any recipe that mentions the word 'unique' provides it,
even though I found various recipes that DEPEND on it.

Where is libunique?

You should check not just the current state of master branches of
various layers, but also their commit history.

Oh sure, make it my fault.
FYI, I did look in the log, and I didn't find anything about libunique in the meta-openembedded repo. It somehow never occured to me to go look for it in other repos too.

libunique was just removed from oe-core and a patch was sent to add it
to meta-oe. There is no way to keep the removal/addition perfectly in
sync because the two layers are kept in separate repos and have
different maintainers.

This case can be prevented by adding it to meta-oe before it's removed
from oe-core (just like when someone is migrating recipes from meta-oe
to oe-core, they are first added to oe-core and then removed from
meta-oe).

I was going to suggest that too.

Maybe this would make a good entry for the maintainers handbook?

--
Mike Looijmans