On 25-09-15 08:28, Martin Jansa wrote:
On Fri, Sep 25, 2015 at 07:18:24AM +0200, Mike Looijmans wrote:
On 24-09-15 18:45, Andreas Müller wrote:
On Thu, Sep 24, 2015 at 3:40 PM, Mike Looijmans <mike.looijm...@topic.nl> wrote:
| checking for LIBUDEV... no
| configure: error: Package requirements (libudev >= 199) were not met:
|
| Requested 'libudev >= 199' but version of libudev is 182

ERROR: Task 5548
(/.../meta-oe/meta-oe/recipes-gnome/libgudev/libgudev_230.bb, do_configure)
failed with exit code '1'

Which init system are you using - I guess not systemd

sysvinit (busybox).

I don't even use udev. But some packages think they depend on udev components,
so it's virtually impossible to not have udev being built.

I wonder how the init system would affect compilation of a package though.

When you use systemd, you get newer udev version from systemd recipe.

Standalone udev recipe (used together with other init systems) is older version
(which includes libgudev), and apparently not good enough for building latest
standalone libgudev.

Basic problem is that I really don't want to have any udev at all in my image, I use mdev for hotplug and other device stuff.

Systemd made things way more complex, since it provides udev, so I can't just check on "udev" being the hotplug provider in recipes.

Kind regards,

Mike Looijmans
System Expert

TOPIC Embedded Products