On 11/16/2015 12:07 PM, Andreas Oberritter wrote:
Making a separate repository with this layer is even more disruptive,
and complicates administration and maintenance. I'm not going to handle
those. So I'll make a meta-qt4 layer under meta-oe, and it's fine if
there is no official maintainer or ongoing build testing for it at least
until someone volunteers to pick it up.

Basically everyone agreed on moving qt4 to its own repo. And your
conclusion is to ignore that and move qt4 to meta-openembedded, already
expecting bitrot?

Are you willing to be the maintainer of that separate repo? So far no one has stepped up for this job. In this situation, it's better to keep the recipes under meta-openembedded tree and mark them as unmaintained.

I'll ask this explicitly - any volunteers for a separate meta-qt4 repository and layer maintenance?

Alex