On 15/09/16 10:14, Andreas Müller wrote:
On Thu, Sep 15, 2016 at 10:03 AM, Martin Jansa <martin.ja...@gmail.com> wrote:
WARN: samba: samba rdepends on libpam, but it isn't a build dependency?

is reported in every report (where samba was successfully built)
http://www.openembedded.org/wiki/Bitbake_World_Status for more than a year
- pam isn't in typical 'crowded' sysroot unless you have pam in
DISTRO_FEATURES and it might be always detected when you have pam in
DISTRO_FEATURES.

There is also at least one report where it failed with ld.gold also for
qemux86, e.g.:
http://errors.yoctoproject.org/Errors/Details/75447/

I'll of course include these changes in next jenkins build to report which
failures it will re-introduce.

I cannot check this now - tested at home - but as far as I can
remember I have pam in DISTRO_FEATURES.

Whatever:

* I will check for pam and send a follow up if necessary
* autobuilder will tell us if other archs need bfd too - if so I will take care

Andreas

I built samba yesterday on master without any changes apart from removing the blacklist. Built on corei7 and arm64 without any warnings/issues. I don't have pam in my DISTRO_FEATURES. All standard toolchain setup.