> On Aug 10, 2017, at 7:26 AM, Leonardo Sandoval
> <leonardo.sandoval.gonza...@linux.intel.com> wrote:
>
> On Wed, 2017-08-09 at 21:40 -0700, Behan Webster wrote:
>>> On Aug 9, 2017, at 7:22 AM, Leonardo Sandoval
>>> <leonardo.sandoval.gonza...@linux.intel.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> in my opinion, this fits nicely into the oe-core, into the
>>> scripts/contrib folder.
>>
>> Keeping it in script/contrib seems odd to me (horse before the cart). One of
>> the requirements for OE is git (or tar) to actually get OE in the first
>> place.
>>
>> I see this as more something some one would run before cloning OE or Poky.
>> It’s a replacement for needing to read a long HOWTO on a webpage to get
>> started with OE or YP.
>

> this installation way can help
>
> $ curl <path to the script inside git repo> | sh

Well, it would have to be bash (not sh), but that already works. I’m just not
happy with that way of doing things. Piping arbitrary commands into bash has
always been a terrible practice IMHO.

Again, remember there is more than one grouping of requirements, so parameters
need to be passed in which is problematic with that style of running a script.

One of the reasons I have an —install option is so people have more control
over what is done to their machine. I have people download it and run it
because quite often people need to fix things and then rerun the script.

Behan