PACKAGECONFIG definition for a feature such as qt5/6 support doesn't
have to be in an external .bbappend, as in itself it doesn't change
how a recipe is being built, it only defines a recipe option,
component command line switches to enable it, and dependencies that
need to be fulfilled.

If there are other missing recipe options, then just add them to the
gstreamer recipe.

Where and how these options should be enabled is another question:
default set in oe-core is made such that no external layers are
required. I tend to think that vendor layers such as meta-qt6
shouldn't mess with other recipes (through bbappends) behind
integrators' backs, unless those changes are strictly required for
building qt itself.

Alex