Dear community reviewers,

news from the OCB-replay front here. We have had a couple of trivial
conflicts recently, caused by OpenERP developers fixing bugs in the 7.0
branches that are already fixed in OCB but more or less differently
(sometimes because they were unaware of the community fix, and sometimes
with good reason). This is signalled by the replay process and at that
moment we go in and revert the OCB fix in favour of the upstream fix. I
try to take care and indicate this on the original OCB merge proposal.

Today however, the addons replay process broke on a less trivial
conflict between
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~openerp/openobject-addons/7.0/revision/10015 and
a fix for a totally different problem by Yannick Vaucher:
https://code.launchpad.net/~camptocamp/ocb-addons/7.0-fix-1204224-yvr/+merge/183670.

It would seem wise to ask the original submitter of the conflicting OCB
revision to resolve this conflict himself by proposing a branch that
includes lp:openobject-addons/7.0 up until revision 10015 into
ocb-addons. Yannick, would that be possible? (unless someone else
volunteers)

As for the replay process, there are basically two options here and I
need a vote on this from you

1. revert the conflicting ocb revision in lp:ocb-addons ASAP to restart
the replay process, or
2. do nothing and keep the replay process stalled at the current
revision until the conflict has been resolved, proposed and approved

For me, it depends on the time that it would take Yannick or someone
else to submit a solution. I'd prefer to shorttrack this and hold off
new bugfixes in upstream OpenERP for a short period of time rather than
cause a regression but I don't know if that is possible.

Note that the choice we make slightly affects the approach to fix the
conflict: in the first case, the original bugfix needs to be reapplied
because the bzr revision containing it is already included in OCB but
its changes reverted. In the second case, it suffices to merge
lp:openobject-addons/7.0 -r 10015 into a branch of ocb-addons, which
will reveal the conflict.

Hoping to hear from you.

Cheers,
Stefan.

--
Therp - Maatwerk in open ontwikkeling

Stefan Rijnhart - Ontwerp en implementatie

mail: ste...@therp.nl
tel: +31 (0) 614478606
web: http://therp.nl