On 03/07/2014 08:16 AM, Alexandre Fayolle wrote:
> Hello Nacer,
>
> For the record, the runbot recipe is not by Camptocamp but by Anybox
> (with special mention to Georges Racinet).

Thanks for the creditting, Alexandre. I think compelled to clarify further.

runbot: this is the dedicated continuous integration system made by
OpenERP for their specific purposes.
The main instance is at http://runbot.openerp.com,

buildbot: a generic, distributed continuous integration framework. See
http://buildbot.net

anybox.buildbot.openerp: a configurator for buildbot meant for custom
projects described as a buildout. I personnally don't call it a recipe,
to avoid possible confusions with anybox.recipe.openerp (the buildout
recipe)

Actually runbot and (buildbot w/ OpenERP configurator) have very
different features and usage profiles.

> Regarding your specific question, I believe git should be supported, at
> least in the trunk branch, but I have not tested it.

There are two different questions :

 * how do the buildslaves grab the buildout

   Indeed, that can be from VCS or directly as a 'standalone' file from
the buildmaster.
   Support for Git has been introduced by the Acsone team, yes, but I
haven't tested it either.

 * can the buildout configuration load addons or openobject-server from
Git repositories ?

   Yes, it always could, although that's been vastly improved by Acsone
in the past year.
   We are using it at Anybox for some critical projects. The support in
the stable branch of the buildout recipe goes all the way to the
packaging (extraction) facilities

Regards,

- --
Georges Racinet