Hello.

Last year at 24C3 Harald was thinking about setting up a GIT tree with
all kernel sources released by Motorola.

Given his normal workload I'm pretty sure he would never have been
able to really tackle this. Still I liked the idea a lot, so I tried it
out myself.

http://git.datenfreihafen.org/?p=2.4-ezx-motorola.git;a=summary

Instead of different branches I used tags to identify the different
version and base each phone kernel on an 2.4.20 vanilla kernel
(Thanks Holger for explaining this again and again).

As the most interesting information for us are changes between
released tarballs for one phone or changes between different phones,
here some hand on usage:

Cloning the repo:
git clone git://git.datenfreihafen.org/2.4-ezx-motorola.git 2.4-ezx-motorola

List all available tags:
git tag -l

Checkout the second release for A1200:
git checkout v2.4.20
git checkout A1200-42PCLEAN

Diff against the first release:
git diff A1200-38PCLEAN

And you can see the changes Motorola did between these two tarballs.

At least for me a lot more convenient then dealing with the tarballs.
Let me know if you can come up with something better or some
improvements.

regards
Stefan Schmidt