Em Ter, 2009-06-16 às 23:27 +0800, hu zhangli escreveu:
> 1. to daniel , pls update newest zImage and related CONFIG.
>
> i remember i only use boot-usb to download  the android 2.6.25, i dont
> use gen-blob. why?

On .25 we were using an UDC driver that could deal with the weird state
that the bootloader left the UDC. Since .27 we are using the mainline
pxa27x-udc driver, and tough the code is much cleaner than the
out-of-tree version it can't deal with the UDC state left by the
bootloader.

gen-blob, amongst other things, resets the udc to a good state before
giving control to kernel.

> when the battery is quickly insert, at this time the system  log will
> be still in the ram.
> so use boot_usb to dump the kernel message, but as you say , the
> boot_usb , gen-blob may flush part mem , right???

Flush? No. Overwrite some parts? Yes. But in general you will still be
able to get all the kernel messages up to the crash. I do this
frequently to debug crashes when the kernel panics and the messages
scroll too fast on the lcd.

> anther quesiton , i see there is no much USB UDC code to support
> usbnet communcation, whether openezx git mainline dont support usbnet
> so i couldnt use NFS to mount ROOFS. i could only use SD card???????

Mainline OpenEZX doesn't support PCAP yet, so you can't power on the mmc
card either. The mainline OpenEZX code is basically useless. I'm working
on getting all drivers merged, PCAP is in for 2.6.31, regulator,
touchscreen, etc.. should be in mainline for 2.6.32.

> could you guide me the detail how to port related BSP, steps. for
> example sdram , fb init, ram console init, bp init, emu etc.

Port to what? Isn't easier to just use openezx.git?

If you want to backport the openezx patchset to an older kernel version,
you can export our patchset using "tg export", all implementation
details are on the patches, divided in topics.

--
Daniel Ribeiro