Hi Muthukrishnan,

there is no golden standard behind this value. Setting it to 100ms or even
lower value will result into low latency system but this also decreases
throughput of system.

If you have few switches and little no big requirement on flows per second
throughput then 100ms might suit better to your setup. On the other hand if
there are hundreds of devices and throughput of thousands of flows per second
required then 500ms or even higher will improve overall performance.

Also there is a complementary parameter - amount of messages in outbound queue
without barrier inside. The more messages kept in queue the higher throughput
you shall get. But there is memory cost and also by extending size of those
queues (per device) there comes overload risk of md-sal notification queue.

True - this value might be configurable. But that would solve the situation
only for static requirements.

Regards,

Michal