OF Devs,

FYI..

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Thanh Ha <thanh...@linuxfoundation.org>
Date: Mon, Apr 9, 2018 at 2:54 PM
Subject: [OpenDaylight TSC] Disallowing Gerrit patches larger than 5m
To: odl-dev-list <d...@lists.opendaylight.org>, "'
integration-...@lists.opendaylight.org' (
integration-...@lists.opendaylight.org) (
integration-...@lists.opendaylight.org)" <
integration-...@lists.opendaylight.org>, tsc <t...@lists.opendaylight.org>

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to provide a heads up that we are preparing to merge a patch to
disallow Gerrit patches larger than 5m. After some investigation we
discovered that the setting we applied to All-Projects in Gerrit is not
inherited down to the projects after all so the size checker was not
preventing folks from pushing large binary objects into their repos.

We've applied the setting to the Gerrit global configuration level and will
be active the next time we restart Gerrit. We've tested this method and
confirm it should be working.

This is a heads up in case folks are surprised to see that their large
patches are being rejected by Gerrit. If we find that 5m is too limiting we
can discuss and increase the size.

Regards,
Thanh

Thanks