There are two part of the end to end  latency calculation between
controller and switch

(1) Network latency -- simple ping from your controller to switch can give
you that latency number.
(2) Controller processing latency  (how long controller takes to process
the latency). -- This includes two parts as well
(2.1) Processing time for controller
(2.2) Barrier timeout used by controller (default 500 milliseconds)
So your controller latency will be 500 + X, and calculating this X is bit
tricky here. If you really want to do the baseline number for single flow,
you can do the following
(1) Fire the restconf request to install the flow
(2) Capture the wireshark on the controller node to see when the respective
flow-mod shows up in wireshark.
That will give you the total controller processing latency (2).

On Tue, Jul 10, 2018 at 8:36 AM Jamo Luhrsen <jluhr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Eray,
>
> I've forwarded this to the openflowplugin mailing list, which might be
> a better place to get some discussion on your question.
>
> Thanks,
> JamO

Thanks
Anil