From: Michael Vorburger [mailto:vorbur...@redhat.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 14, 2018 11:51 PM
To: Abhijit Kumbhare <abhijitk...@gmail.com>; Gobinath . <gobin...@ericsson.com>
Cc: Shuva Kar <shuva.jyoti.kar...@gmail.com>; openflowplugin-dev
<openflowplugin-dev@lists.opendaylight.org>;
infrautils-...@lists.opendaylight.org
Subject: Re: [openflowplugin-dev] openflowplugin contains a fork of infrautils'
JobCoordinator ?!

+Gobinath .<mailto:gobin...@ericsson.com>

On Wed, Nov 14, 2018 at 6:47 PM Abhijit Kumbhare
<abhijitk...@gmail.com<mailto:abhijitk...@gmail.com>> wrote:
I do not actually remember this - but I have a vague recollection that the
JobCoordinator was first implemented in OpenFlow Plugin by Shuva and folks and
then it may have got moved to Infra Utils later by some other people.

Perhaps you are right that this is the original ancient history, but meanwhile
it went to genius, and from there into infrautils.

But this NodeConfigurator & Co. is much more recent - judging from git blame,
it seems that was commited only a few months ago, Aug 1st, by Gobinath for
https://jira.opendaylight.org/browse/OPNFLWPLUG-991, according to the Commit
Message.

The only difference between NodeConfigurator and JobCoordinator is that it
returns ListenableFuture<T> ... that reminds me of
https://jira.opendaylight.org/browse/INFRAUTILS-16 and
https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/#/c/69660/ - what happened there? That was
WIP and were reviewing it, but the build never passed - so you just forked and
copy pasted, the entire thing?

Gobinath, would you be willing to finish up
https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/#/c/69660/ rather sooner than later, and
then replace this fork of infratuils' JobCoordinator in OpenFlowPlugin?

On Wed, Nov 14, 2018 at 9:21 AM Michael Vorburger