On Mon, 2005-02-21 at 12:47, J. Antas wrote:
> Oh well, it seems that UK's NHS mega Health-IT project is not in good shape.
>
> After a few top officers having resigned, it seems that now they found
> that doctors are not willing to cooperate.
>
> What a nuisance... just when someone was so near to demonstrate that it
> was possible to idealize/install/operate a Healthcare Information System
> without those awful creatures... the doctors.  :-)
>
> Seen on: http://e-healthexpert.org/
>
> J. Antas

I think it is impossible for those of us outside a project this large to
truly get a feel for how well the project is doing along it's projected
10 year timeline.

You may find this slight more positive view
http://www.informatics.nhs.uk/cgi-bin/item.cgi?ap=1&id=1198&d=pnd&dateformat=%25o-%25B

interesting as well as this commentary.
http://www.informatics.nhs.uk/cgi-bin/item.cgi?ap=1&id=1200&d=pnd&dateformat=%25o-%25B

I suppose we'll see in a few years. Some things can't be rushed.

Cheers,
--
Tim Cook
Key ID 9ACDB673 @ http://www.keyserver.net/en/