--- Franklin Valier <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> A case study is usually viewed in
> research circles as
> just that.  Not nearly as valuable as empirical
> controlled studies.

This is generally true. However doing a study of this
nature is not so simple and the planning of a
controlled study will make things pretty complicated.
The lack of similar studies makes it even more
difficult.

Several simple studies on this nature may give us
sufficient information to plan out an empirical
controlled study, as you yourself point out.
>  Sometime they lead investigators into areas
> of further exploration.

Nandalal