Aren't we missing the larger issue? Proper certification of health
information systems is going to be expensive, and that is probably
unavoidable. Moeover, someone is going to have to bear the burden of
that cost. I'm not sure that this question should really be tied to the
certification model, though. One issue is primarily technical: How do
we determine that this device or system is safe? The other is a
business question: Who's going to pay for it?

===
Gregory Woodhouse  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

"It is foolish to answer a question that
you do not understand."
--G. Polya ("How to Solve It")