>   From: "Tim.Churches" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>

>Any other ideas for S3?

1) Wait for Google to offer it for free :)

Seriously, Google already offers 2GB of free web 'mail' space.  Someone
has already figured out how to make a file system like interface to that.

This is the tip of an iceberg in the developed countries that further
widens the gap between the 'Netties' and network impoverished.
What if storage on the net is free and unlimited? What if all electronic
information is indexed on the net?  How would one design distributed
systems when the storage and retrieval of data became decoupled (and
replaced with a web service)  from the systems you use to manipulate
that data?

What are the issues?
  Who is in control of the data?  Where are the boundaries of control?
   How can I trust them to do what they say they will do with the data?

Just so you don't think these are abstract issues, where I work we just
promulagated policy that strongly suggested that google desktop be
uninstalled or otherwise disabled on all organizational owned workstations.