Fred,

I oppose the creation of a separate open source certification
process.   I think it compromises the opportunity for open source
solutions to displace commercial solutions, and it distracts open
source projects from leveraging the collaborative process to create
seriously superior solutions.

With best regards,

[wr]

- - - - - - - -

On Mar 27, 2006, at 10:16 AM, Fred Trotter wrote:

> This is an interesting discussion. However we do have some
> decisions to
> make.
>
> 1. Does the different nature free and open source medical software
> warrant
> different consideration than proprietary models for CCHIT
> certification
> pricing. (If a large number of people feel this way then we should
> draft our
> own letter.)
> Yes/No
>
> 2. In NOT should the pricing generally be lowered for everyone so
> that small
> and open source projects will have the opportunity to get
> certified. (If you
> feel this way then you should just sign the emrupdate.com letter)
> Yes/No
>
> Feel free to continue the substance of the discussion by saying why
> or why
> not for your answers. In any case if you feel that a letter should be
> written or signed... now is the time to do so the review window is
> closing.
> --
> Fred Trotter
> SynSeer, Consultant
> http://www.fredtrotter.com
> http://www.synseer.com
> phone: (480)290-8109
> email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

> Yahoo! Groups Links

[wr]

- - - - - - - -

will ross
project manager
mendocino informatics
216 west perkins street, suite 206
ukiah, california  95482  usa
707.272.7255 [voice]
707.462.5015 [fax]
www.minformatics.com

"Getting people to adopt common standards is impeded by patents."
         Sir Tim Berners-Lee

Yahoo! Groups Links