The OMG link to the RFP documents is not working for me.

Here's an alternate link to the RFP for the EIS.

   http://hssp-eis.wikispaces.com/

The corresponding wikispaces site for the RLUS has not been updated
with their RFP, but here it is anyway.

   http://hssp-rlus.wikispaces.com/

As a frame of reference, here's the FAQ from HSSP.

   http://hssp.wikispaces.com/hssp-faq

With best regards,

[wr]

- - - - - - - -

On Dec 8, 2006, at 8:58 PM, David Forslund wrote:

> (I forgot that you can't forward an email as an attachment.  Here
> is the
> announcement I was referring to:)
>

> All:
>
> I would like to take a moment to pause and acknowledge a significant
> event that occurred this morning.  At about 11:30am EST, the OMG
> Domain
> Task Force voted to issue Requests for Proposals for both the Entity
> Identification Service (EIS) and Retrieve, Locate, Update Service
> (RLUS)
> specifications.  Until today, the notion of developing Service
> Functional Models in HL7 and transforming them into technical RFP's to
> be issued to industry was just a destination to which we have been
> diligently working towards for a year (with prework having begun far
> before then).
>
> On March 31st, 2007, "Letters of Intent" are due to the OMG indicating
> companies and product vendors that will develop both technical
> specifications and ultimately implementations of software (either open
> source, reference implementations, or products).  [We're planning to
> have one quarter dedicated to each RFP and how you may participate
> in a
> submission at HL7 in San Diego in January].  I'm already aware of
> companies that are exploring joining forces to collaborate as part
> of a
> joint submission team.
>
> I'd like to take a moment in particular to thank and congratulate Alan
> Honey and John Koisch, whom have been championing these specifications
> not only within HL7, but within the OMG community as well.  Additional
> thanks to Barbara Eckman, Scott Robertson, Craig Bennett, Virinder
> Batra, and all of the other individuals that have contributed their
> time
> and efforts in making these quality specifications.  Also, our
> thanks to
> the countless folks who took time to provide ballot feedback on the
> Service Functional Models, and those who contributed on
> teleconferences
> and the list on these specifications.
>
> The OMG RFP documents are publicly available on the OMG website at:
>
>         EIS:  _http://www.omg.org/cgi-bin/doc?health/2006-12-01_
>
>         RLUS:  _http://www.omg.org/cgi-bin/doc?health/2006-12-02_
>
> In addition, we'll be getting those documents available from our Wiki.
> Things are shaping up to be a very engaging and busy meeting in San
> Diego in January.  I look forward to seeing you there.
>
> - Ken
>

> Ken Rubin
> Chief Healthcare Architect
> EDS Civilian Government & DoD Healthcare Portfolio
> 5109 Leesburg Pike, Suite 414
> Falls Church, VA 22041
> Tel:  +1-703-845-3277
> Mobile:  +1-301-335-0534
> + _mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>

> David Forslund wrote:
>>
>> Here is an opportunity for the open source community to contribute
> [...]

[wr]

- - - - - - - -

will ross
project manager
mendocino informatics
216 west perkins street, suite 206
ukiah, california  95482  usa
707.462.6369 [office]
707.462.5015 [fax]
www.minformatics.com

"Getting people to adopt common standards is impeded by patents."
         Sir Tim Berners-Lee,  BCS, 2006