Dear 80n,

This is, in fact, the use case in discussion.

Assume the patient has agreed to suppress "detail x" from circulation
beyond his/her physician's eyes in the local free text based records
system.   What are the best FOSS tools to publish to the general
circulation records environment a correctly edited version of a text
file?

With best regards,

[wr]

- - - - - - - -

On Mar 2, 2007, at 4:08 PM, 80n wrote:

> Will
> The only acceptable answer would be Maury's option 3.  The patient
> decides.
> Anything else would be be inappropriate.
>
> And not just HIV status.  The patient, and only the patient, should
> have the
> right to determine who has access to anything that the patient might
> consider sensitive.   And only the patient can determine what is or
> is not
> sensitive.
>
> 80n
>

> On 3/2/07, Will Ross <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>>   I'm looking for a tool to suppress sensitive information (e.g., HIV
>> status, etc.) from free text clinical notes prior to allowing the
>> notes to be published from a protected, physician-only area into
>> general circulation patient records for the clinic. What existing
>> FOSS solutions are available?
>>
>> With best regards,
>>
>> [wr]
>>
>> - - - - - - - -
>>
>> will ross
>> chief information officer
>> mendocino health records exchange
>> 216 west perkins street, suite 206
>> ukiah, california 95482 usa
>> 707.462.6369 [office]
>> 707.462.5015 [fax]
>> www.mendocinohre.org

>> "Getting people to adopt common standards is impeded by patents."
>> Sir Tim Berners-Lee, BCS, 2006

> ~-->
> Yahoo! Groups gets a make over. See the new email design.
> http://us.click.yahoo.com/hOt0.A/lOaOAA/yQLSAA/W4wwlB/TM

[wr]