Steve,
I went back and re-read your blog to see if your thinking had evolved
with something new but it does not seem to have changed.

You want to 'open source' your software but keep part of it patented.
It's nice that you are interested in FOSS but it doesn't work that
way.  If you want it to be open source, you need to give it all away
and not put restrictions on it.  Don't expect FOSS to make a special
'Steve' license.  Your blog is a bit testy and accusatory but I don't
think you should take it personally.   You don't have a FOSS product.
Just release it as a commercial product and rake it the big bucks from
your 'tens of thousands of dollars of investment over the past 15
years'.  We all wish you the best.  Just stop calling us names and
getting your shorts all knotted up.

.Mark