On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 18:25:41 -0700
Roland Dreier <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>     - Implement API for SA path record and MC group queries

I spent a couple of days trying to define a basic query API for inclusion in the
access layer, but eventually stopped.  With the current MAD API, the benefits of
having a generic query API (where the user specifies the method, attribute ID,
attribute offset, and attribute) didn't seem worth it.  It's easy enough for the user
to just format a MAD with this information and send it.

I think that there may be benefits to having high level query functionality.  For
example, a client could query using two LIDs.  But this sort of functionality seemed
outside the scope of the access layer.

The management of multicast groups is a little different, but I haven't tried to
address that.

- Sean