Hal Rosenstock wrote:

On Tue, 2004-11-09 at 14:56, Sean Hefty wrote:

Sean Hefty wrote:

I have two nodes directly connected. When trying to bring up the openib node, I receive a local length error on the CQ after trying to perform a send.

I'm continuing to debug...

static int agent_mad_send(struct ib_mad_agent *mad_agent, struct ib_agent_port_private *port_priv, struct ib_mad_private *mad, struct ib_grh *grh, struct ib_wc *wc) { ... /* PCI mapping */ gather_list.addr = pci_map_single(mad_agent->device->dma_device, &mad->grh, sizeof *mad - sizeof mad->header, PCI_DMA_TODEVICE); gather_list.length = sizeof *mad - sizeof mad->header; gather_list.lkey = (*port_priv->mr).lkey;

Wouldn't this result in sending the GRH data buffer before the MAD buffer? Does mthca check the size of sends that are posted to QP0/1 and report an error if they are larger than 256 bytes?

Doesn't that just map starting at the GRH ? This is to handle PMA

It does. But the GRH buffer shouldn't be sent by the user. My thought was the this would result in the receiver mis-interpreting the received MAD, and probably dropping it. But I'm seeing that the work request completes in error, which makes me think that there's still another error somewhere.

- Sean