Hal Rosenstock wrote:
This patch restructures handle_outgoing_smp to improve its readability

I can't see for sure for your patch.
The main changes are that the code is outdented and moved from nested if's to a switch statement.

and fixes the following issues: removes unneeded memory allocation for
received SMP,

It looks like the allocation strategy is slightly modified.

It was. The allocation is not done unless process_mad will be called.

properly sends a SMP if the underlying HCA driver does not
provide a process_mad routine,

Missed setting the return code here.

I believe that the original code would call the agent's send_handler if process_mad was not provided.

and deallocates the allocated received
SMP in all failures cases.

What failure case did not deallocate the allocated received SMP ?

Don't recall exactly. Might have been if process_mad consumed the MAD, which I guess isn't a failure case. I can regenerate a new patch.