On Wednesday, June 01, 2011 09:15 AM, Bill Sommerfeld wrote:
On 05/31/11 17:35, Christopher Chan wrote:
On Wednesday, June 01, 2011 08:17 AM, Dan Swartzendruber wrote:
I hava better performance with files instead of zvols.

Now that is interesting...

there are two factors that you may want to look at:

  1) block size.  files default to a 128K allocation block size, while
zvols default to 8K.

  2) check the "sync" property; the zvol may be generating synchronous
writes while I/O to the file isn't.

Default setting on OI_147 is 'standard' and not 'always'.

I think I better bug the powers that be for that failover server for testing.