Hello,
New user with OpenIndian for a new file server. Installed OpenIndiana Development oi_148 X86 with all latest updates. From what I understand is there is no root account, only a root role is that right? Problem is that when you install Samba and Swat, you need root account to login to Swat to get full admin access to configure Samba. I cannot get logged into Swat with root. How do you go about enabling root account on OpenIndiana or creating a root like account for Samba? I tried creating an account manually with uid and gid of 0, but still couldn't log in to Swat.

By way I installed Samba 3.5.9 from source to /opt directory.

--
C. J. Keist                     Email: cj.ke...@colostate.edu
Systems Group Manager           Solaris 10 OS (SAI)

All I want is a chance to prove 'Money can't buy happiness'