Hello Gordon,

thanks! That seems to be the missing bit.

Is there any kind of documentation available on this topic?

Everything i have read always mentioned not to use idmap at all and delete all
mappings.
Therefore i did the last complete reinstall to have a virgin idmap. Now idmap
shows
no mapping for the designated user. In fact it show only half a dozen ephemeral
SIDs
but none of the local oi-useres.

Instead i looked up the designated user via 'smbadm lookup <user>' and got the
SID
S-1-5-21-.......-1101 which 'idmap show sid:S-1-5-21-.......-1101' resolved to
the correct

numerical posix uid 101, but not vice versa. I assume, that is the reason,
windows cannot

resolve the user even if i use S-1-5-21-.......-1101 to identify the user as
you suggested.

What, if even, should i add to the idmap? After reading the man page, i tried
to add a

winuser/unixuser mapping which didnt help. Numerical mappings based on uid and
sid
didnt work ("uid:101 is not a valid name").

We are coming closer - but...

Regards
Thomas