On 22/02/2013 14:57, Hans J. Albertsson wrote:
Just installed the OI-157.1.7 ISO w/o adding anything beyond default.

The network is now inordinately slow, and I cannot easily see what's
wrong: please suggest how to find out what's wrong.

It is set up as follows:

I disabled network/physical:nwam, enabled network/physical:default.
Produced the hostname.e1000g0 and hostname.e1000g1 files (10.0.22.37 and
...38 ), enabled DNS with properly configured resolv.conf

domain branneriet.se
search branneriet.se
nameserver 10.0.0.1
nameserver 132.244.127.162
nameserver 132.244.127.170

and nsswitch.conf is the dns version.

traceroute 8.8.8.8 takes almost a minute per step, on a seemingly
similar box it's instantaneous.

ping -s to other local boxes basically see one packet returned and all
others lost.

ping to the problem machine from other boxes are quick and normal with
no losses.

netstat takes almost a minute per line of output!

dns fails, possibly because the response from the server is way too slow...

What can the problem be?? I could have made some glaring error when
setting up non-nwam network mgmt, or maybe this box has a HW error. But
all 4 interfaces, two of which are extra cards??

Box is a Supermicro X8STi based 1U server with 2x2TB system disks.

As I said: installed SW is straight Openindiana 151.1.7 from a
downloaded ISO and no special choices or additions or anything..

I did fiddle around with NWAM before going the trad networking mgmt route.

Any ideas on how to test for HW vs SW or missing packages or what, anyone?

/etc/defaultrouter ?
/etc/netmasks ?
/etc/hosts link to /etc/inet/hosts ?
/etcc/nodename ?
svcadm restart physical:default ?
svcadm restart dns:client ?
svcadm restart name-services ?
svcadm restart name-service-cache ?

--
Dr.Udo Grabowski    Inst.f.Meteorology a.Climate Research IMK-ASF-SAT
www.imk-asf.kit.edu/english/sat.php