It's not OI specific ... if you read the Dovecot readme/look on the
Dovecot website it tells you to go through these steps ...

I have to go a couple of steps further (I still use Dovecot on Solaris
10, so I have to compile on that platform) where I have to include
LDAP configuration, so for me OI's Dovecot worked out of the box too.

Jon