Edward Ned Harvey (openindiana) said the following, on 20-03-13 7:32 AM:
From: dormitionsk...@hotmail.com [mailto:dormitionsk...@hotmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 19, 2013 11:42 PM

A Sun Solaris machine was shut down last week in Hungary, I think, after 3737
days of uptime.  Below are links to the article and video.

Warning:  It might bring a tear to your eye...
It would only bring a tear to my eye, because of how foolishly irresponsible
that is.  3737 days of uptime means 10 years of never applying security patches
and bugfixes.  Whenever people are proud of a really long uptime, it's a sign
of a bad sysadmin.
Not to mention the bill for electricity.

--Roman