On 14/07/2013 19:20, Udo Grabowski (IMK) wrote:
On 09/07/2013 16:51, Udo Grabowski (IMK) wrote:
On 09/07/2013 16:12, Paolo Marcheschi wrote:
Hi

I found a workaround for flash plugin in order to see youtube and
other flash sites,
I used the archived flashplayer10_1r53_64_solaris_x86.tar.bz2 from
http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/installers/archive/fp10.1_archive.zip

remove the newest plugin, and  copy the old one in .mozilla/plugins
folder.

use the r53 instead of the r82, because the r82 does not work on
other sites (i.e. grooveshark)
to avoid activate the plugin every time follow this guide:
http://mzl.la/R7DD9y

I Hope this helps.

It does, thanks for the research. Actually, the 10.1r53 was the most
"stable" working horse of crashplayer before we switched to 11.1.
Of course, that version is also "vulnerable", as far as this has
any practical relevance on non-Windows systems...

No it does not, the r53 is actually a r82 (they don't archive severely
vulnerable versions, but overwrite them silently). Instead of youtube,
most videos on Dailymotion are now broken, and in general this version
is very unstable. Did a check on later versions, but none of them
work with hipster.
So this problem is not fixed with that workaround, just shifted around.

I found a version that works with FF19 and FF22 (22 had other issues like non-collapsing right-click menus) but it's at work so will post tomorrow. Did work for youtube and last.fm though.

JT