In regard to: Re: [OpenIndiana-discuss] undefined symbol __gnu_cxx::__pool<...:

1) You're trying to create a shared library and some of your object files
    didn't get compiled with the PIC flag (is it still -fpic for gcc?  I
    typically use Sun Studio, which uses a different flag)

I never use Sun Studio since one cannot compile anything with it.

I've compiled hundreds of opensource packages using Studio.  I don't
build a lot of C++ software, though, for various reasons.

BTW, I
had tried
to compile using the -compat=g option so to produce binaries that would
work with g++ but this failed also. In fact, it failed to compile qmake!
So apparently this option is... decorative... But, all files are compiled
with the PIC flag.

2) You successfully built all your objects files as PIC, but you're trying
    to link your shared library against some external dependency that
    itself isn't all PIC.  This is commonly the case for archive libraries
    (e.g. libfoo.a), which is why it sometimes makes sense to compile even
    your archive libraries as PIC.

Well I don't think so. It makes use of some system libraries but these,
I guess, have been compiled the proper way. So I thing something else is
causing this problem but I have no idea what it causing it.

Ok, well, be sure to let the list know what the problem was when you
figure it out.

Tim
--
Tim Mooney                                             tim.moo...@ndsu.edu