On 21/02/2014 14:37, Udo Grabowski (IMK) wrote:
On 21/02/2014 13:57, Hans J. Albertsson wrote:
With a lot in common with the below complaint, I decided to try a std
OI151a9 install on my newly acquired N54L microserver:

This isn't ever going to be used for daily GUI logins, but it was there
and clean and pristine and fresh, so:

I installed from the 151a8 desktop DVD ISO
I logged in as the user you set up during install.

I did a pkg update as root, and then booted and logged in.

I installed gvfs, and checked gnome-vfs is installed, and that rad was
running as well as all the desktop related cache services.
I had already updated the loaders cache.

I also ran the crle {,-64} -c /var/ld{,/64} -l .... commands, rebooted
and logged in again.

None of the System -> Administration tools work!

? For me, this claim only holds for 'Users and Groups' and 'Time and
Date', which is a separate bug not resolved yet. All other system
admin tools work after root password.

Ok ok, network administration also belongs to the same kind
of bug, but the others are ok.

Posted a stacktrace of the issue on bug #4319 .

--
Dr.Udo Grabowski    Inst.f.Meteorology a.Climate Research IMK-ASF-SAT
www.imk-asf.kit.edu/english/sat.php