Le 2014/05/05 17:22 +0200, Fred Liu a écrit:
[Fred]: I also heard of this HBA. It has 4 ports as max and very limited
bus bandwidth

Well, hey, consumer! :-)

[Fred]: you have good luck! :-)

哈哈,真的很好运阿!

I did have issues, the usual failing disks and stuff, but there's been no datalose, and nothing unexpected, I've done firmware upgrades on cards and disks with relative ease, so I'm good.

As supported in the Solaris world for a prosumer use, I'd say the LSI SAS2 devices are amongst the best ROI those days. And seriously, if you plan to connect 8 drives there, the cost of one HBA card is not much compared to the disks, the enclosure, the cables...

Laurent