I really hesitated to post anything about OpenSXCE because I didn’t want to
open people up to another Martin-bashing contest.  And immediately after
hitting the “Send” button, I had the thought, “I really should have sent that
privately to Peter.”  But that thought came just a hair too late, unfortunately.

I like Martin a lot.  He doesn’t have any interest whatsoever in what I think
is important, but I like him.  So let’s please not have yet another ugly
exchange about him.  It’s always easier to find fault with someone than to
support him.  After all, to support a person takes a lot more work, and virtue.

Personally, if I had sparc gear, and couldn’t find a better OS for it, and if I
thought OpenSXCE would be a reasonably decent solution for us, I’d offer Martin
some money for paid support.  I bet he’d be give world-class support for a
pittance compared to anyone else — for it would give him some money to eat with.

If I’m jumping the gun here, please forgive me — but let’s all please be nice
about Martin.  There has been far too much fault-finding with him already.

For what it’s worth, I’d appreciate it.

Cordially,

Peter, hieromonk