On 25/09/2015 20:38, Apostolos Syropoulos via openindiana-discuss wrote:

Hello,

Yesterday I realized that there is a new plugin for firefox the openh264 plugin.
I tried to compile it and with a few tricks I managed to compile it and to
create the plugin. I tried the installation instructions for Fedora

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/OpenH264

but the plugin does not work. I am using Firefox ESR 38.2.1

Is it possible that the Firefox build has disabled support for
openh264?

And have a look at the first answer on this page:
<http://www.openh264.org/faq.html>
so if you could compile and distribute it yourself,
you have to pay for the license.

This is the wrong path into vendor lock in and
has nothing to do with free software.