On 10.05.2016 15:12, Predrag Zečević - Unix Systems Administrator wrote:

Hi,

I have installed it (went to /usr/local completely).
After log-out form running gmd, tried to log-in back, but no "GNOME MATE" was offered, just GNOME and xterm...

I could verify it with "$ ps -ef| grep usr/local" command which did not returned any running process (not from /usr/local at least).

Please advice HOW MATE can be detected by gdm?

REgards
Hi

I have just tested the MATE demo.

You have to unpack it into /usr. it does not get detected under /usr/local.
There may be a trick with PATH variable but i would not know how.

When i try to launch a mate session i get a completely green screen nothing more.

Greetings Toasterson