On 09/13/16 03:38 PM, Lionel Cons wrote:
On 14 September 2016 at 00:34, Alan Coopersmith
<alan.coopersm...@oracle.com> wrote:
On 08/17/16 11:57 AM, Alan Coopersmith wrote:

Note that on Solarish OS'es, the backtrace will sometimes warn you about
the
last linker lookup failure, even when it's not relevant - it could be the
driver looked for that symbol, didn't find it because your Xorg is an
older
release, and went on about it's business only to crash later.

(I think, but have not had time to confirm that this is because the code I
 stuck in osinit.c years ago to catch actual errors here fails to check in
 the signal handler what signal was received so prints it for every
signal:

https://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/xserver/commit?id=98f4179156391752e6688339487458ad7828abf4

 If correct, the fix would be to wrap the first chunk of that in
 OsSigHandler inside an "if (signo == SIGQUIT)" block.)

Confirmed and fixed upstream since I finally got tired of explaining my bug
everyone:

https://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/xserver/commit/?id=75c1d04650f63464263c159d2e95364482be724f

        -alan-

Mind fixing the patch and print the siginfo information to the error
message to have more diagnostics?

Sorry, I don't understand what you're asking for.

        -alan-