First let me thank Predrag, Aurelien, Apostolos and you for having taken the
time to test and report.

As for now it is 4 (including myself: works) versus 1 (you).
Given that this was installed not via ips with a strict 100% accurate
dependencies handling this is already a good result.

Now let us investigate what your host might be missing: To find out about it it
would be helpful to get any details from you in reagrds to what you are using.

Could you perhaps please post uname -a output?
Which packages are installed or perhaps missing?

Then, pls. open a shell window and start /opt/VirtualBox/VirtualBox from there.
The "normal" output would be this:

$ /opt/VirtualBox/VirtualBox
Qt WARNING: Object::connect: No such signal QApplication::screenAdded(QScreen *)
Qt WARNING: Object::connect:  (sender name:   'VirtualBox')
Qt WARNING: Object::connect: No such signal QApplication::screenRemoved(QScreen
*)
Qt WARNING: Object::connect:  (sender name:   'VirtualBox')
Qt WARNING: Object::disconnect: No such signal
QApplication::screenAdded(QScreen *)
Qt WARNING: Object::disconnect:  (sender name:   'VirtualBox')
Qt WARNING: Object::disconnect: No such signal
QApplication::screenRemoved(QScreen *)
Qt WARNING: Object::disconnect:  (sender name:   'VirtualBox')

Then perhaps let me know the details which teh VirtualBox GUI repost after
impact.
There are various possible reasons:

* hardening related (wrong permissions for your /opt prevent you from starting
a VM)

* related to the splash screen I modified (long topic, but should not be the
reason, because it is not a works here versus doesn't work there case, but
either it recognizes the bmp or not)

* are you sure your drivers attached and got loaded? Did you upgrade
boot_archive and reboot?

* Do you have qemu-kvm installed? If yes then the kvm module needs to be
unloaded, it is mutually exclsuive to VirtualBox (because the CPU's
virtualization extensions can only be owned by exactly one kernel module)

While I do thank everybody for every postive or negative report, I must wonder
why and how Solaris users report bugs like Win10 Home Edition first timers
(ohh, doesn't work), without providing the slightest details.
If you want help for free for a Vbox package that was created for free running
on an OS that was created for free by a community who is willing to assist you
for free, the least one can expect is a reasonable problem description, or am I
still expecting too much even after I significantly lowered all my previous
hop[es and expectations year over year during the most recent 11 years?