> can you say what the problem with srss on hipster is? I plan to upgrade my
> srss environment to hipster too.

The problem is certainly the "development" model a certain OS/Net version
OpenIndiana/Hipster is based on (something like, remove all stuff which
somebody who proudly stated that he never runs Illumos on the Desktop
*believes* is legacy).

We saw many individual cases of broken stuff as a result, from Flash-plugin
over Xsun-drivers to Sun-DHCP and hence among other things SRSS.

However, if you want I can repeat these tests for you on Hipster x86/x64 (last
time I dealt with SRSS was in 2015 on OpenSXCE x86/x64 and sparc). Thanks to
the helpful community member who back then guided me through this and offered
me not only a donation but also the bins for download  :)

But for now I forward you to
https://openindiana.org/pipermail/openindiana-discuss/2014-July/thread.html#16001

[OpenIndiana-discuss] success stories about SRSS and OI     Alexander Pyhalov
*  [OpenIndiana-discuss] success stories about SRSS and OI     Carsten Grzemba
*  [OpenIndiana-discuss] success stories about SRSS and OI     Jonathan Adams
*  [OpenIndiana-discuss] success stories about SRSS and OI     Alexander
Pyhalov
*  [OpenIndiana-discuss] success stories about SRSS and OI     Jonathan Adams
*  [OpenIndiana-discuss] success stories about SRSS and OI     Jonathan Adams
*  [OpenIndiana-discuss] success stories about SRSS and OI     Carsten Grzemba
*  [OpenIndiana-discuss] success stories about SRSS and OI     Carsten Grzemba
*  [OpenIndiana-discuss] success stories about SRSS and OI     Alexander
Pyhalov

And as it appears  Alexander Pyhalov found a workaround:

https://openindiana.org/pipermail/openindiana-discuss/2014-July/016098.html

[OpenIndiana-discuss] success stories about SRSS and OI Alexander Pyhalov alp
at rsu.ru
Tue Jul 15 10:27:06 UTC 2014