On 05/ 5/17 12:13 PM, Predrag Zečević - Technical Support Analyst wrote:
On 05/05/17 10:54, Alexander Pyhalov wrote:
On 05/ 5/17 11:42 AM, Alexander Pyhalov wrote:
On 05/ 5/17 11:25 AM, Predrag Zečević - Technical Support Analyst wrote:
Hi all,

(this is similar to
https://openindiana.org/pipermail/openindiana-discuss/2017-May/020737.html

thread), but is related to different phone model.

Here some info:
* /hipster updated this morning (illumos-a160fd9a3a)
* gmtp and libmtp installed (and

Hi.
1) Is device in mtp mode and allows access?
2) Does mtp-detect (run as root) see it?

I just experimented on another PC and found that USB port can be in some
strange state. So that phone even will not detect that it's connected to
PC.
I had to manually reinitialize device:

cfgadm -c unconfigure usb7/5
cfgadm -c disconnect usb7/5
cfgadm -c connect usb7/5
cfgadm -c configure usb7/5

After that I was able to see the phone.

Tried all that (no luck):

$ pfexec cfgadm -c unconfigure usb3/8
Unconfigure the device: /devices/pci@0,0/pci1849,a12f@14:8
This operation will suspend activity on the USB device
Continue (yes/no)? yes

$ pfexec cfgadm -c disconnect usb3/8
Disconnect the device: /devices/pci@0,0/pci1849,a12f@14:8
This operation will suspend activity on the USB device
Continue (yes/no)? yes

$ pfexec cfgadm -c connect usb3/8
USB specific commands:
 cfgadm -c [configure|unconfigure|disconnect] ap_id [ap_id...]
 cfgadm -x usb_reset ap_id [ap_id...]
 cfgadm -x usb_config -o config=<index of desired configuration>  ap_id
cfgadm: Configuration operation not supported: Operation not supported

$ pfexec cfgadm -c configure usb3/8
$ pfexec gmtp # "No device attached"

No, I had a different problem, OS didn't show device in prtconf -v.
--
Best regards,
Alexander Pyhalov,