On 05/26/17 11:34 AM, Harry Putnam wrote:
Alan Coopersmith <alan.coopersm...@oracle.com> writes:

For the one I work on (not OI, but "Big Red"), we've been making
this conversion across 5+ years now, and are >90% done in our
development trunk, though much less done in what's been released so
far.  I've written far more about the topic for the terminally
curious at:

I guess it might be inappropriate here... but I'm not finding anything
with google on the terms Alan Coopersmith and Big Red.

Is this slang or an insider name for an OS ... or what?

It's a slang term referring to the color of my employer's logo/branding,
much as IBM has long been "Big Blue"...

https://www.google.com/#q=Big+Red+Oracle

        -alan-