On Thu, Aug 10, 2017 at 08:35:38AM +0200, Till Wegmüller wrote:

> Try adding "-v" at the end of the boot line
> that adds additional boot startup messages.

Well, I got a lot of information from the device probe.  Some messages
scrolled off the screen.

After that it said:

/pci@0,0/pci1043,81c0@e :
        SATA disk device at port 0
        Model ST3169815AS
        firmware 4.AAB
        serial number           5RA60SZT
        supported features:
          48-bit LBA, DMA, Native Command Queueing, SMART self-test
        SATA Gen1 signaling speed (1.5Gbps)
        Supported queue depth 32, limited to 1
        capacity = 312581808 sectors

The disk light showed some activity after that, but nothing more
was printed on the console.

--
-Gary Mills-            -refurb-                -Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada-