On 16/11/17 21:08, Aurélien Larcher wrote:
On Thu, Nov 16, 2017 at 10:23 PM, Marc Lobelle<marc.lobe...@uclouvain.be>
wrote:

Hello,

I have a notebook that included an apparently unsupported SIERRA wireless
card. So I bought on ebay an Intel 4965 AGN card, which is in the list of
the compatible devices. However, both windows and openiniana seem to
identify it as an ATHEROS AR9287. Is it possible to have an intel card with
an atheros chipset ? Or does it mean that the label oh the board is fake.
Any way, is this card usable with open indiana ? If yes with wich driver ?
and what should I do to install this driver. Thanks

The arn driver seems to support AR9285 which is supported by the same ath
driver as AR9287 in FreeBSD.
Nonetheless the corresponding PCI id is not listed in illumos, so it will
not attach.
Thanks Aurélien. is there a workaround this (without recompiling illumos)

Marc

Marc