Predrag Zečević - Technical Support Analyst
<predrag.zece...@2e-systems.com> writes:

Harry wrote:
>> Please see my most recent response to Predrag B.
>>
>> The presciption you show above went off without a hitch (Thanks), but
>> it appears upon creating a new vm with the newly installed vbox
>> GUI. that it may only be capable of creating 32 bit vms/.
>>
>> Do you see something like that?

Predrag Z replied:

> Nope! I see both 32 and 64 bit in the list (will attach picture, if it
> survives).

OK, I braved up and did the install on my HP xw8600 hardware.

Installing a new (5.2.6-120293) vbox on my hardware went off just great.  32 64
bit both available and my existing 7 vbox vms that have been running
on the hardware with VBox 5.0.40 are starting with no problems.

You and Reginald B have steered me right thru this ...
I was really expecting some kind of serious stumbling block.

Thank you both for the great guidance and timely responses.